Monday, July 20, 2009

Easy Gluten-Free Meatloaf



I'm not a high energy person. Some women do so many things in one day I'm left thinking they are super human. I am far too busy at home to ever hold down a career too. So the other day, after I mowed the lawn, went shopping, and cleaned the living room, I was not interested in making a big dinner.

This is when I discovered just how easy gluten-free meatloaf can be. I had made it before, but it just didn't quite do what I wanted. Well, this one worked. Now that I have found something that works, I want to share it with you.


Meat Loaf

2 lbs ground chuck
½ cup brown rice flour or cornmeal (cornmeal doesn't hold together as well as rice flour)
½ tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp blk. pepper
4 eggs
Annie's Natural Organic Ketchup (optional)

Preheat oven to 400° F. Place all ingredients except the ketchup in a large bowl and mix well. I used my Kitchen Aide on speed setting 2 for about 2 minutes. Place meat in a loaf pan forming a mound on top. Drizzle ketchup on the surface before placing the loaf in the oven. Cook for an hour and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment